EARTH GIRL (Earth Girl Trilogy 1)
Available now from Pyr in the USA and Harper Voyager in the rest of the world.
2788. Only the handicapped live on Earth. Eighteen-year-old Jarra is among the one in a thousand people born with an immune system that cannot survive on other planets. Sent to Earth at birth to save her life, she has been abandoned by her parents. She can’t travel to other worlds, but she can watch their vids, and she knows all the jokes they make. She’s an “ape,” a “throwback,” but this is one ape girl who won’t give in.
Jarra makes up a fake military background for herself and joins a class of norms who are on Earth for a year of practical history studies excavating the dangerous ruins of the old cities. She wants to see their faces when they find out they’ve been fooled into thinking an ape girl was a norm. She isn’t expecting to make friends with the enemy, to risk her life to save norms, or to fall in love.
- Voted a Teens’ Top Ten title 2014.
- A Tayshas 2014 choice.
- Kirkus starred review for a book of exceptional merit.
- A Kirkus best book of 2013.
- Booklist starred review for being outstanding in its genre.
- Booklist Editors’ Choice: Books for Youth, 2013.
- An Amazon.co.uk best Young Adult book of 2012.
- A Kobobooks.com best Young Adult book of 2012.