News Update on Hive Mind 5

There is some good news and some bad news on the next release in the Hive Mind series.

ADVERSARY (Hive Mind 5)

Ebook Est Release:- End Feb/Early March 2021

All outstanding paperbacks will be released as soon as the situation allows.

If you want to make sure that you don’t miss the release of Adversary, please sign up here to get email alerts whenever there’s a new release by Janet Edwards.

The good news:-

I can now announce the title and cover. Book 5 in the Hive Mind series is Adversary. The first draft is nowhere near complete, so I daren’t give a book description at this point, but the following cover description should give a strong hint about some of the book content.

Cover depicts Adversary Aura of Hive Genex.

Cover art (C) Janet Edwards 2020, Cover Design by The Cover Collection.

The bad news:-

The global pandemic has affected everyone’s plans for 2020. My apologies that illness and bereavement have left me way behind schedule all year, so the release has to slip into early 2021.

Some slightly good news:-

One of the reasons that the release of Adversary is slipping into early 2021 is simply that it’s turning out to be another long book. I know that some of you will regard that as good news.

Rather than leave people without anything new to read for Christmas, I’m looking at the possibility of releasing a short piece set in the Portal Future. It would be nice to get the follow-up story to Hera 2781 out into the world at Christmas, because that story is a sequel to Hera 2781, but also provides the background history for a story already written for the planned second Earth Girl Aftermath Collection.

This entry was posted in Future plans, Hive Future, New Releases, News and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to News Update on Hive Mind 5

1. ANDARIAL says:

Stay Safe

Liked by 1 person

2. Jason says:

Love love the hive mind series. Be safe and can’t wait to read it next year

Liked by 1 person

3. I’m delighted you are enjoying the Hive Mind series, and stay safe everyone. 🙂

4. Kris Y. says:

Thank you for the update! I’m going to be busy speculating for months. Stay safe, and hope you and yours are finding some good things in this time.

Liked by 1 person

5. Sol says:

This is great, thank you! Yes of course we can wait. I plan to reread the Hive Mind series in December. Best wishes.

Liked by 1 person

• Thank you, and I hope you enjoy the reread. Fun fact, Perilous and the first four books of the Hive Mind series add up to 567,000 words. I happen to know this because I have all the text in a single document for reference purposes. 🙂

6. Kayleah says:

Thank you!!

Liked by 1 person

7. Harriet says:

YES! Looking forward to this one even more now. Early 2021 is looking pretty good!

Liked by 1 person

• I’m definitely hoping that 2021 is a friendlier year than 2020. This year has been a little like when I picked up my background health condition, and most areas of my life completely shut down. In a sense, this time isn’t nearly as bad for me, but it’s happening to everyone else as well.

8. Tuesday says:

I’m sorry 2020 has been such a difficult year. Thanks for writing and publishing during such chaotic times. I love all your portal future stories so the more stories the better! Do we get to see how a cabbage becomes a soldier? Also, Earth Prime was amazing!!! I love Jarra but having the other viewpoints is so much fun. Looking forward to the next installment.

Liked by 1 person

• If I’m following picking up the cabbage reference correctly, the cabbage is already a fighter pilot in Hera 2781. The cabbage may appear in the sequel story to Hera 2781 but there’s unlikely to be much back history for him.

I’m glad you enjoyed the alternate viewpoints in Earth Prime. The short story collections are a great chance for me to reveal some of the things that Jarra doesn’t know. 🙂

9. Kristen says:

Thank you so much for keeping your readers in the loop Ms. Edwards! The Hive (Amber) series is my favorite. It will be so interesting to see how having visitors from another hive will impact Amber and her team. 2020 has been such a hard year for so many and I’m sorry to hear that it has been hard for you too. I know we all are hoping for good things in the new year. With your good news about the new book, 2021 is already looking up!